To enable designing and execution of businesses processes Workflow is used in SAP. In SAP Business Suite workflow processes are delivered as content. Organizations can upgrade workflows delivered by SAP and also create their workflows based on their requirements. Business workflows are critical in the SAP system. With proper integration it could be used for analysis and reporting which helps organizations manage processes and workflows. It also helps in compliance tracking.
Workflow means flow of work. It is a process of inter related activities for information exchange. SAP workflow is a cross application tool which enables automation such as purchase requisition approval matrix, application for leave approval matrix etc. While learning SAP Business Workflows a consultant needs to be aware of nine terms.
SAP Workflow routes the flow based on the approval matrix through different levels in an organization. Every individual where it flows performs an activity based on the matrix and flow of business processes. Workflows can be build based on the objective intended for an organization eg finance approval matrix and workflow. Practical situations would be delivered through this SAP Workflow Online Training Sessions.
A workflow task represents an Activity which serves a purpose to achieve an objective. Eg. A proposer could chose different persons for approval based on the limits assigned to a certain level (Manager Approval limit – $X, General Manager Approval limit – $10X beyond this it needs to go to the CEO etc). Once approved it changes status to Approved etc. This can practically be visualized through our SAP Workflow Online Sessions as they are live and interactive.
Organizations benefit using SAP Business Workflows. This delivers content in this form in SAP applications. Some of the examples are SRM, CRM, and ERT etc. Workflows can change based on the requirements of any organization and its processes. Reporting of processes can be done by using workflows. Examples such as reaction time in inbox, reaction of individuals, approval time etc can be tracked through workflows. It can be used across all modules of SAP. Our SAP Workflow online training sessions will help you enhance knowledge and ensure better performance in your consulting career.
- 25 to 30 days
- 60 Hours
Suitable Audience for the Training Program
- Fresher’s – B Tech, M Tech, MCA, BCA etc or
- Experience in any software development or
- Basic knowledge of programming
- ABAP’ers could also take the session
Detailed Training Program
- Introduction to SAP ABAP
- What is SAP
- SAP Architecture and where ABAP fits in
- ABAP Development Workbench Tools
- Object Navigator
- Workbench Organizer
- Data Dictionary
- Menu Painter
- Screen Painter
- ABAP Dictionary
- Data Types
- ABAP Programming Techniques
- Reports Statement
- Line Size
- Page Heading
- Report Comment Section
- Variables (Data Types and Data Objects)
- Internal Table
- Selection Screen / Input Fields
- Select – Options
- Section Screen Formatting
- Program Events
- Start of Selection and End of Selection
- At Selection Screen
- At Line Selection
- At User – Command
- Formatting and Displaying Data
- Event for Page Headers and Footers
- Internal Table Operations
- Function Group and Modules
- Create Transactions for Reports
- Data Transfer methods
- Overview of Data Transfer
- External Data Access
- Data Analysis and data files
- Upload and download data from / to presentation server
- Standard data transfer program
- Direct Input Method
- BDC program
- Call transaction Program
- Data Transfer Workbench Concepts
- Legacy System Migration Workbench (LSMW)
- BAPIs (Introduction as a data transfer method)
- Dialog Programming
- Introduction to Dialog Programming
- Screen Painter
- Screen Elements for Input/output
- Tab strips
- Table Controls
- Menu Painter
- Create GUI Status & Title Bar
- Create Menu Bar for a Screen
- Define function Keys
- Create Application Tool Bar for a Screen
- Screen Flow Logic
- Understand screen flow logic
- Create Process After Input and Process before Output modules
- Use message for error processing
- Call list processing within a transaction
- Performance Tuning
- Types of Program Analysis
- Static Checks
- Dynamic Checks and Short Dump Analysis
- ABAP Debugger
- Breakpoints in Programs
- Breakpoints in the Debugger
- Performance Tools
- Runtime Analysis
- SQL Trace
- Introduction to Advanced Features
- Introduction to ALE & IDOCS
- Enhancement Concept
- ALV ( ABAP List Viewer)
- Saving Lists and Background Processing
(Basics of SAP & Workflow in SAP)
Basic SAP GUI Navigation
- Workflow terminology
- Use of workflow and workflow templates
- Basic Customizing settings in the SAP Business Workflow system
- Possible inboxes for work items
- Defining substitutes
- Processing work items
- Workflow components
- Activating templates
- Determining agents using Organizational Management
- Structure of organizational units, positions, and jobs
Building and using workflow
- Defining workflows using the Workflow Builder
- Enhancing business objects with the Business Object Builder
- Defining business process steps: task definition
- Data definition and containers
- Dynamic agent determination at runtime
- Triggering workflows with events
- Triggering events in the system
- Deadline monitoring
- Workflow Wizards
- Options for ad-hoc processing
Web Workflow Scenarios
Use business processes that use the WF-XML interface via the Internet WF-XML structures Customizing WF-XML Using WF-XML as a workflow step Business processes that run via the Internet and call Web services The Web Flow Service Handler and its components
Customizing the Web Flow Service Handler Importing WSDL Web Service Definitions Using Web services as a workflow step.
- Business Object Builder: defining and implementing your own BOR objects
- Data flow and new containers
- Rule function modules
- Programming exits at step and workflow level
- Event generation by programming
- Check function modules
- Receiver type function modules
- Receiver function modules
- Runtime system
Object Oriented ABAP in Workflow
- Definition and implementation of ABAP-OO classes for use in the workflow
- Definition of attributes
- Definition of methods and error handling
- Definition of events
- Triggering ABAP-OO events
- Using ABAP-OO classes in workflow processes
For More Details Kindly contact us.
SAP Workflow Interview Questions
- How to handle Exceptions in workflow
- Name the tables used for storing the event linkages?
- Steps in mind before transporting a workflow
- What is a background work item? Are they displayed in the Business Workplace?
- How to debug a WORKFLOW
- SAP R/3 screens how will you develop a table control having 3 columns with only one editable?
- On ABAP: Did you set up a workflow? Are you familiar with all steps for setting up a workflow?
- Have you created Maintenance dialog or Table Maintenance?
- What is a work item? How does it differ from a simple SAP office mail item?
- Have you created database tables?
- Have you used performance tuning? What major steps will you use for these?
- List the various advantages of SAP Business Workflow
- Difference between client dependent and client independent tables?
- In the ‘select’ statement what is “group by”?
- Which method is executed if space is passed for the method parameter of macro SWC_CALL_METHOD?
- How to create client independent tables